- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter until combined.
- Whisk in non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make 1 ice cream scoop of batter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies just begin to firm up. Allow to cool for 10-15, then place on cooling rack to fully cool. They will firm up more as they cool.