- Place peanut butter cups in the freezer. Freezing the cups allows you to chop them more evenly and ensure that don’t melt as fast once placed.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and melted butter until combined.
- Whisk in room temp non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Chop the chilled peanut butter cups and fold in 1/2 of them leaving the rest to place on top of the cookies post bake. I recommend putting them back in the freezer to use when topping the cookies so they’ll hold their shape better.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for 2hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make 1 ice cream scoop of batter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 mins, then place the remaining peanut butter cups on top. Allow to cool for 10-15, then place on cooling rack to fully cool. (if your cups on the cookies start to lose their ridges once placed, place in the fridge)