- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1 2/3 cups shredded coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 tubs ready made vegan icing
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla/coconut extract in each of the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- Pour the coconut milk over the entire thing and mix until smooth. Gently fold in the 1 cup shredded coconut.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. Let the cake cool.
- Icing: Throw icing and cream cheese in a standing mixer, and blend until smooth. Once the cake is cooled, top with icing and add 2/3 cup toasted coconut.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25-30 mins