- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Now add the applesauce and vanilla extract and combine again scraping down the sides.
- Now sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the oats and chocolate chips. Cover the cookie dough tightly and refrigerate for 15 – 20 mins. Any longer and the oats will absorb more moisture and they can come out dry or won’t spread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, take 2 tbsp or more of the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Press them down to flatten. The cookies won’t spread a lot.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the top is set. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to finish.