Vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
With Christmas coming up I wanted to whip up some quick and easy concepts that you could make in minutes. One of my favorite recipes, is a good rice crispy treat! Something about them is just like taking a trip down memory lane.
They are nostalgic, the flavor options are endless, everyone enjoys them, and they are also just SO EASY!!
When it comes to Christmas flavors, peppermint is one you see everywhere. Whether you’re a peppermint person or not (I’m not a huge one), I love a good chocolate peppermint concept during the holidays. That being said, I knew White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Crispy Treats were a must!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, flavorful, has aesthetic appeal, can easily be made in bulk, rich with white chocolate, notes of peppermint, perfect for entertaining during the holidays, you can create holiday shapes if you like, and is just a full prove concept that will resonate with everyone for Christmas!!
If you love all things rice crispy treats or effortless holiday treats, you’re going to love these vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Crispy Treats!!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-8 bars depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 10oz pack vegan marshmallows
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 1 tsp peppermint extract, optional
- In a large pot over medium heat add the vegan butter. Once melted at the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combine. Add the optional pepper mint extract and fold it in. (make sure to keep stirring and not have the temp up to high to prevent burning)
- Once the marshmallow are melted gradually add the rice cereal, and toss and coat until it all binds together.
- When cool to touch press into a greased pan lined with parchment paper. Allow to completely cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine vegan white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring after every 15 seconds to prevent burning. Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled marshmallow treats, and top with crushed peppermints while still wet. Allow the chocolate to fully set. Remove the edges with knife and create bars.