1 Bowl Vegan Lemon Blueberry Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Fridays are for cakes, so this new vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake seemed like a no brainer! I once found cakes to be overwhelming and too tedious, but a simple sheet cake can be thrown together in minutes and removes all the stress of a layer cake. What’s even better about layer cakes is that this one requires just one bowl/dish! It’s 7ish ingredients, buttery soft, requires minimal oil, and is just so easy!
I personally love a good vanilla cake with fresh fruit, and lemon + blueberries just seamlessly goes together. Infusing citrus into dessert concepts makes them feel lighter and less heavy, so I love to go that route!
What’s great about this cake, is as I always say.. everything! It’s my staple easy vegan white cake, light, fluffy, requires no eggs, can even be made with water, is packed with blueberries, has notes of lemon, its light and fluffy, requires just one dish to mix everything together, features minimal oil, is perfect for summer and even has naturally dyed purple icing!
If you love all things lemon + blueberry or just love and effortless cake, you have to try this new recipe for vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake!
Why this recipe is great:
Light + fluffy
Perf for summer
Naturally dyed icing
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 1 container ready made vegan icing
- 1 2oz package freeze dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8" square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla/lemon extract in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won't rise.
- Pour water over the entire thing and mix until smooth. Coat the blueberries in a lil flour with you hands then fold them in with the lemon zest.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back.
- Icing: Place freeze dried blueberries in a food processor and blend until it becomes a fine dust. Wait a minute for it to settle before opening the top. In the bowl of a standing mixer combine the blueberry powder and the ready made icing. Blend until smooth and you achieve a consistent color. Ice the cooled cake and enjoy!