Vegan Birthday Cake Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
Life is short, remember it’s always somebodies birthday somewhere.. so celebrate!!
I’m not sure what it is, but people always gravitate towards anything sprinkles. Perhaps it stems from nostalgia, or just the array of colors that catches our eyes, but it’s always a win win. Since we’re going thru all the pancake staples on EDS lately, I knew these had to be next on the list.
Especially since it’s Mr. EDS’s birthday!
What’s fab about these pancakes, is everything! It’s a quick an easy recipe, you don’t need even a vegan egg, they are light, fluffy, pack tons of color, you can use this base for any type of pancake you’d like to create, these are great for kids, any season, entertaining, and especially, birthdays!
If you love a good full proof vegan pancake, you’re going to love these new vegan Birthday Cake Pancakes!!
Why this recipe is great:
Non vegan approved!
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup natural sprinkles
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the sprinkles into the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and additional sprinkles.