Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Well, today is a special day as it’s mine and Mr. Eat Drink Shrink’s 2nd wedding anniversary! Not long ago we said our vows in our neighborhood in NYC on the Hudson river with the Statue of Liberty in the background. Though many things may go wrong on your wedding day, you may regret various choices from decor to dresses etc, one thing is for sure..
It was a memorable day that I thought about from the moment we met nearly 10 years ago.
Fast forward to today and we have our first son arriving in just a few short weeks, and a 3 hour nursing class lol. Times have changed and we are just so excited to start this new chapter. I believe it’s going to be the best one yet!
Here’s a look at our maternity shoot from over the weekend at 35 weeks! I’ve done many shoots for work, but this one was by far the most memorable. We can’t wait to meet this precious boy.
Curious about all things pregnancy?!
Now back to the food, lol
If there is one thing I love, especially at 35 weeks, it’s effortless recipes! One of the easiest concepts is a fruit crisp. It’s a handful of ingredients, fresh fruit, you can tailor everything to your preferences and the season, and boom you have a fab dessert.
What I particularly love about this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, is everything. It’s minimal ingredients, effortless, the sweetness is derived mostly from the fruit, it contains no white flour, is gluten free, contains no white sugar, you can switch up the fruit to cater to your preference or season, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, and perf for entertaining!!
If you’re searching for that staple summer dessert, you have to try this recipe for a Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp!
Why this recipe is great:
Easy to modify to fit your preferences
Hot with cold ice cream = my favorite!
Non vegan approved
Great aesthetic appeal
Perf for any season and entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 3/4" pieces
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered 1/4 cup can sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup can sugar
- 2/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 1-quart, 8"x8" or another similar sized baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cane sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch. Add the chopped fruit and stir to coat in the mixture. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes while preparing the topping.
- In a food processor grind up the oats to create a flour.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together the oat flour, oats, cane sugar, cinnamon, vegan butter or coconut oil and salt until well combined.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the pan and top with the topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is firm and the fruit is bubbling. The topping will appear to be quite runny around 25-30 minutes but firms up in the last 10-15 minutes of baking. The filling may also appear runny while warm but thickens as it cools.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and serve warm or room temperature. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.