Vegan Nutella Pie
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Valentine’s Day is slowly approaching! While many can say it’s a fabricated holiday that holds no value, I personally find it as just another reminder to show love to those in your life. Any reason to celebrate, I’m all about! Of course one of my favorite ways to show love, is through food! That being said, I was on the move to whip up an effortless dessert that will make you look like an iron chef.
Introducing, the vegan Nutella Pie!!
I don’t know about you, but I discovered Nutella in middle school at a friends house. We would eat it by the spoonfuls and today it’s evolved to be such a staple product. However, this product is not vegan and it has more going on then just hazelnuts and chocolate. That being said, it’s a wonderful opportunity just to make it yourself, because it’s so easy!!
Think this dessert looks way to overwhelming to put together?! You don’t need to be an iron chef, promise!!
I’m in love with this recipe for countless reasons! It’s quick, easy, affordable, stays fresh for days, packed with nutrients, rich, decadent, features stevia sweetened chocolate, has low sugar, tastes like Nutella, perfect for an occasion, perfect for any season, packed with healthy fats with the avocado and nuts, and non vegan approved!!
If you’re searching for the perf Valentine’s Day dessert or just love all things chocolate and effortless, you’re going to love these vegan Nutella Pie !!
Why this recipe is great:
No animal products
Packed with healthy fats
Packed with flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, refined ideally to mitigate the coconut flavor
- 1 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, shells removed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cups real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 pre-baked 9-inch vegan pie shell
- Whipped Coconut Cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk, maple syrup and salt, and heat until warm. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- To a high power blender (recommended) add the toasted hazelnuts, process.
- Now add the avocado and chocolate sauce.
- Process on high for about a minute, or until smooth w/no visible avocado or hazelnuts remain, scraping down the sides a couple of times.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie shell and smooth the top off.
- Refrigerate for at 2 hours to set before serving. Top with coconut whip and dust with cocoa powder. Serve with fresh berries.
*To toast the hazelnuts simply bake on 350 for 10 minutes, allow to cool, remove the light shells with your hands