The perfect loaf for Christmas!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temp
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsps follow your heart powdered egg (1/3 cup almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar (the more powdered sugar the thicker the icing)
- 2 ounces vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4–6 tablespoons almond milk (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5 inch bread pan with nonstick foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda. In a large bowl cream together vegan butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy, add the vegan egg, combine again. Now add the molasses and applesauce.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Try not to overmix. Add the 2 tbsp of almond milk if the mixture is too dry. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled gingerbread loaf. Allow to set up for 1 hour. Store in airtight container.
If you don’t have the vegan egg you may be able to still produce this recipe!
- Category: Loaf
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 slice