Vegan Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Icing
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Christmas is over, but there is STILL time for a few last minute holiday concepts. When it comes to baked goods, I’m all about the gingerbread. So this year we featured a Gingerbread Bundt Cake, Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls, new Gingerbread Men and I couldn’t pass on remaking this staple vegan Gingerbread Loaf of cream cheese icing!!
While I love gingerbread by itself, I’m all over any gingerbread that’s paired with cream cheese!! For some reason the two flavors just blend seamlessly together and only enhances the flavor.
Believe it or not, initially I was never fond of gingerbread. I didn’t mind it, but I never craved it until I actually made this loaf a few years ago. It’s now evolved to become a staple during the holidays and is just so effortless.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s an effortless bread recipe, features staple holiday ingredients, packs tons of flavor, tons of moisture, the addition of the cream cheese icing enhances the flavor, perf for Christmas, has aesthetic appeal, and will change your mind about all things gingerbread if you feel it’s not your cup of tea!
If you’re searching for holiday staples to add to your menu, you need to try this recipe for a vegan Gingerbread Loaf with cream cheese icing!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 slices
The perfect loaf for Christmas!
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temp
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsps follow your heart powdered egg (1/3 cup almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar (the more powdered sugar the thicker the icing)
- 2 ounces vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons almond milk (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5 inch bread pan with nonstick foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda. In a large bowl cream together vegan butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy, add the vegan egg, combine again. Now add the molasses and applesauce.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Try not to overmix. Add the 2 tbsp of almond milk if the mixture is too dry. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled gingerbread loaf. Allow to set up for 1 hour. Store in airtight container.
If you don't have the vegan egg you may be able to still produce this recipe!