Vegan Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I don’t know about you, but I don’t typically enjoy anything that’s consider to be “candy”, unless its made from simple ingredients! I recently had the chance to explore Cracked Candy and was instantly drawn to the product due to the packaging, brand name, and the transparency in their ingredients.
Cracked Candy has an interesting texture to that of rock candy, and can be enjoyed as a breath freshener and even used to bake!
Believe it or not for the longest time I loathed the flavor of orange. It was always the last popsicle in the box and the flavor I just never gravitated towards. However, our tastebuds evolve. Over time they diminish in the quantity, which is why seniors typically over salt their food or can’t discern when something is spoiled. (true story)
Today, I love oranges, especially fresh navel oranges! Thus these Orange Creamsicle cupcakes were a no brainer!
What I love about this cupcake is that its packed with simple ingredients, has aesthetic appeal, texture, the cake is buttery soft and the flavor profile is good all year round!
If you have an affinity for orange or just creative sweets.. You have to try my recipe for vegan Orange Creme Cupcakes!
Save 15% off your next order of Cracked candy by entering the code “EDS15” at checkout
Why this recipe rocks:
Non toxic food coloring
Great for any season
Perf for Halloween
Eat Drink Shrink
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. non-dairy milk (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp natural oragne food coloring
- Frosting Ingredients
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp natural orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup Cracked Candy orange
- Cupcakes: Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees. Line a pan with 10 cupcake liners. In the bowl of a standing mixer combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix on low for a few seconds to combine. Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium till well blended and no lumps remain. Add the food coloring and blend again. Fill the cupcake liners with the batter and bake for 20 minutes, or till a toothpick tests clean and cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
- Icing: Combine all ingredients in a mixer bowl. Beat on low till well combined, then increase speed to medium-high. Beat till light and fluffy. Add the food coloring. If frosting is too thick to pipe or spread, add more butter, a tablespoon at a time, till it reaches the right consistency. If it is too wet, add a little more powdered sugar. Pipe or frost as desired, top with orange zest and Cracked Candy and serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge for up to three days.