Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars
Hello & Happy Friday!!
In all honesty, I crave sweets less and less as time goes by. However, there are a few combos that I always crave year round, one in particular is.. Cranberry Bliss Bars!! .
Although I haven’t had one in ages, I was instantly hooked simply based on the aesthetics alone. I love white chocolate and anything with fruit so it’s definitely my cup of tea!
While there are countless non vegan versions, there was little to no vegan varieties that I came across years ago. Knowing just how amazing this concept is, I jumped at the opportunity to recreate this timeless holiday treat and wanted to tweak the recipe! When I first created this recipe it packed less butter and sugar, but while it was more conservative on the calories, it lacked the richness of the traditional variety, so this is the new and improved version!!
What I love about this bar is that it packs all the ingredients that evoke the essence of holidays such as citrus, cinnamon, cranberries, you can sub with coconut sugar, features vegan white chocolate (you can get on Amazon), has great aesthetic appeal, can be made in bulk, has easy to follow instructions, is buttery soft, and is the perfect holiday dessert!
If you’re looking for the that modern vegan holiday dessert that is just as good as the classic version. You have to try my recipe for vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars!
Why this recipe is great:
Great aesthetic appeal
Non vegan approved
Can be made in bulk
Perfect for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 15 triangles
2 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs egg powder
- 6 tbs water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 8 oz. Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10 or 13x9 inch jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Combine egg powder and water, whisk until smooth. Add in vegan eggs, 1 tsp orange extract, and 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat until mixed well.
- Add in ground ginger, baking powder, salt, and flour, beating until just blended. Don't overmix.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries by hand. Spread evenly into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until set and golden brown at the edges. Don't overbake or bars will be hard. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool. Allow bars to cool completely before topping with frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar together in standing or electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 tsp orange extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix well. Now sift in the corn starch in portions. This will help the cream cheese to have a more firm texture.
- Top cooled bars with frosting. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave for 1 minute, combining after every 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the top with a fork. If you use a spoon it will be too clumpy then hard to slice. Slice into triangles and enjoy or store in fridge.