Vegan Apple Pumpkin Butter
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one item that is a fall staple in the south, it’s apple butter! When I think butter, I envision actual butter, but apple butter is a completely different concept. It’s basically a thick spread that’s packed with flavor and topped on whatever you like.
In all honesty, I love all things pumpkin, but everything apple is second runner up for sure!
When it comes to baked apples, you typically have to throw them in a crockpot for hours, but you can actually make a fab batch within just a few minutes!
What’s fab about this apple butter, is everything! It’s your classic quick apple butter, easy, affordable, contains less sugar than typical recipes, packs a rich cinnamon flavor and a hint of pumpkin, and is just perf for fall!
If you love all things pumpkin or apples or are looking for the perf quick apple butter recipe, you have to try this recipe for vegan Apple Pumpkin Butter!
Why this recipe rocks:
Light & sweet
Can be made in bulk
Great for oatmeal
Great to add to baked goods
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 1-2 cups
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 6 apples washed, unpeeled, uncored, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar or apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Small pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Combine all the ingredients, minus the pumpkin, in a pan in a large, heavy bottomed pot over high heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are completely softened and the liquid has reduced by half, 25-30 minutes. They'll start to brown, the darker the color the better!
- Throw everything in a blender or food processor with the pumpkin and blend until smooth. Store in the fridge.
You can also pop this in a slow cooker if preferred and walk away