Vegan Grilled Lemon Artichoke Dip
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
Lately I’ve been craving effortless dips. I find that we typically reach for store bought ready made options when they are so easy just to whip up ourselves. bonus, it’s also way more cost effective to go the homemade route and you can skip all the preservatives, additives and make them more veggie packed.
Since fresh items can be a struggle to source during social distancing, I’m all about frozen and canned. One of my favorites, is canned artichokes! They add texture, flavor, nutrients, and can seamlessly be thrown in countless dishes. White beans are also one of my go to’s! You can easily make a wonderful dip with them and it strays from the everyday hummus.
What’s also great about white beans, is that they pair well with everything, especially artichokes! Another new obsession is grilled lemons. The flavor alone enhances any dish and grilling them just creates more depth to the flavor and adds aesthetic appeal as a garnish.
What’s fab about this new dip, is just everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs flavor, is veggie packed, packed with plant protein, filling, packed with fiber, perfect for spring/summer, great for entertaining, pairs seamlessly with crackers or veggies, and is just a game changer!
If you’re searching for a staple dip that will stand the test of time, you have to try this new vegan Grilled Lemon + Artichoke Dip!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with flavor
Packed with plant protein and fiber
Great for entertaining
Perfect for spring/summer
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 15oz can Artichokes, drained
- 1 15oz can Cannellini Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice from grilled lemons
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh Thyme removed from the stem, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Oregano removed from the stem, chopped
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- In a pan over med/high heat half a lemon and place them on the pan face down. Sear the lemon for 3-4 minutes. Once charred, set aside to blend in the dip
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with oregano, olive oil, grilled lemons. Serve with crackers or veggies.