Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos
Hello & Happy Monday!!
While I love a good intricate recipe, sometimes I do reach for vegan eats that involve a handful of ingredients, 20 minutes, and that’s it!
Some recipe are so effortless they are not worth sharing. However, for these vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos they are so good and so easy, it would be a tragedy not to lol.
What I love about this recipe is, everything. You can serve the jackfruit in a taco shell or a soft taco, top with whatever veggies you desire, has great aesthetic appeal, can be thrown together in minutes with minimal effort, has the classic heat of the buffalo sauce and the coolness of the vegan blue cheese, is perfect for entertaining and of course will make you look like a true iron chef!
The biggest obstacle is finding jackfruit for your recipe! I source mine from Amazon and it’s in brine, no syrup!
If you’re looking to explore the world of jackfruit, but are not ready to dive in with using the raw fruit itself or simply love effortless vegan eats that involve minimal everything..
You need to try my recipe for vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos!!
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can easily be made in bulk
Non vegan approved
Can be topped with whatever veggies you like!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 tacos
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 taco shells
- 1 can Jackfruit in brine
- 1/2-3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup red cabbage (sliced)
- 1 cup white cabbage (sliced)
- 2 tbsp chives (chopped)
- Follow Your Heart vegan Blue Cheese (as desired)
- Drain the Jackfruit and add to a saucepan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Drain, shred with a fork and throw in a pan with buffalo sauce for 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat. The jackfruit should take on a slightly darker color. Remove from heat and dress your tacos with cabbage mix, avocado, and top with blue cheese and chives! Enjoy!