Vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bread
(recipe being remade, available only for request for 24hrs)
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
On a random side note, I’ve actually never enjoyed a matcha tea or matcha latte etc. #irony
When it comes to matcha, I love to pair it with white chocolate as I feel like the flavors compliment each other. When brainstorming for the next matcha concept, it occurred to me that I’ve never done a bread. While I love all the banana bread concepts, you have to have fun with it and put a modern twist on it.
That being said, I knew this vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bread was the perf recipe to add to my collection!
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs spinach, a gorgeous hue from the spinach, is low in sugar, you can remove the white chocolate chips to keep it even lower in calories, is perf for spring or St. Patrick’s Day, or any day for that matter!
If you love effortless innovative matcha concepts, you have to try my recipe for vegan White Chocolate Matcha Bread!
Why this recipe rocks:
A gorgeous color
Low in sugar
Perf for spring!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk(room temp)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 2 cups spinach (2 handfuls)
- 2 tbsp matcha
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2tbs coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, matcha, and salt. In a blender or food processor combing mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) maple syrup, spinach, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the cold almond milk, simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet, just until incorporated. Fold in 1/2 cup of the vegan white chocolate chips. Save the remainder to top it with.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with additional chips. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.