Vegan Truffle Cauliflower Mash with Shiitake Bacon
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If you know me, you know I’m all about the carbs. While I love a good plate of classic mash, it’s wonderful to mix it up and opt for cauliflower. It comes already riced and frozen, is cheap, takes minutes to throw together, and packs more fiber and nutrient leaving you fuller for longer.
Love to mix up your potato routine?! Try Celery Root Mash! It’s also one of my faves!
If you’re a foodie and lived thru 2007, truffle oil was huge and featured in just about every dish. While they may have gone a little overboard at the time, there are a few dishes that have become mainstays in the truffle oil world. One is mac + cheese, the other, is mashed potatoes!!
Really love truffle oil?! You’ll love these vegan Rosemary and Parmesan Biscuits with Truffle “honey”
What’s fab about this cauliflower mash, is everything! It easy, affordable, packs flavor, texture, packs more fiber, pairs perfectly with shiitake bacon, can easily be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, and can accompany any dish seamlessly!
If you love all things cauliflower or still have that affinity for all things truffle oil, you’re going to love this new staple vegan Truffle Cauliflower Mash with shiitake bacon!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs flavor and texture
Pairs perf with shiitake bacon
Great for entertaining
Perf side dish for countless meals!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 small potato, peeled, boiled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Salt/Black Pepper as needed
- 1 tbsp truffle oil, plus additional
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced shiitakes
- 2 Tsps soy sauce
- 2 Tsps vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Shiitake Bacon: Preheat the oven to 250. Toss the sliced mushrooms in the ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-45 minutes until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter or olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the frozen cauliflower rice. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring every few minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the rice to a food processor or blender. Add salt/black pepper, vegan sour cream, truffle oil, vegan butter. Pulse until you achieve the desired consistency. Drizzle in a little almond milk 1 tbsp at a time if need to get things moving. *If you used fresh steamed cauliflower versus the frozen rice, you may be able to skip the potato to thicken the texture.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with sliced green onion, shiitake bacon, a drizzle of truffle oil, and black pepper.