- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9×5″ loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk (room temp), sugar, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in 1/2 cup of the mixed berries (slice the strawberries). Save the remainder to top it with.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the additional berries. Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want to add notes of lemon?! Simply add 2 tsps of lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice
It may take longer to bake all the way thru the middle depending on the water content in the fruit. Simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue to bake on 350 until done. This will prevent burning.
- Serving Size: 1