3 Ingredient Vegan Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles
Hello + Happy Wednesday!!
A week via EDS wouldn’t be complete without an effortless vegan truffle recipe! As someone who cooks full time I go through phases with food. Right now, I’m in a truffle phase to explore all the variations, because they are just so easy!!
Typically truffles are comprised of heavy cream and milk chocolate, but you don’t need either of the two. You really only need some dark chocolate and 1 avocado! Have avocado’s on their way out? These truffles are the perfect solution! Looking to reduce your sugar intake?! You can use stevia sweetened chocolate!!
Everything about this recipe, is just a win win!
What’s fab about these truffles, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, you can easily make them in bulk, they are sugar free, have a gorgeous hue, kid friendly, rich + decadent, perfect for any season, perfect for entertaining, and the perfect texture!!
If you love all things truffles or simply crave effortless vegan desserts, you’re going to love these vegan Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Lilys Sweets Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Mashed Avocado
- 2/3 cup Smashed Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible
- Now stir it into the melted chocolate mixture is just about completely smooth with no clumps. If you struggle to get a smooth texture, simply pop in a food processor.
- Place in the fridge to set for 20-40 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Mixture shouldn't be sticky on the hands if fully set. Scoop the chocolate and roll into balls.
- Finely crush the freeze dried strawberries and roll the balls in it coating the entire ball.
- Can be eaten immediately or refrigerated for for a few days in an airtight container. They can also be frozen.
*if you're struggling to get the chocolate to melt smoothly, add a drizzle of coconut oil while microwaving