Vegan Strawberry Basil Pancakes
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Lately I’ve been craving pancake concepts! For a long time I took a break from pancakes as I prefer the more savory dished for weekend brunch, but I do enjoy a few bites of something indulgent and a good muffin or pancakes are my favorites!
When it comes to making the perfect pancake, the traditional kind are fab, but I love to infuse pancakes with fruit and fresh herbs. If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out!! Thyme and basil are my personal favorites, but you can mix it up as you like and the options are endless.
While thinking of the next be pancake concept, it occurred to me that I never shared one of my personal favorites, Strawberry Basil Pancakes!!
What’s fab about these pancakes, is everything! It’s your quick and easy pancake recipe, features no eggs or milk, staple ingredients, fresh strawberries, notes of basil, are buttery soft, have aesthetic appeal, perf for brunch entertaining, perf for any season, and will have you coming back fore more after the first bite!!
If you’re searching for a staple pancake recipe or are craving a modern pancake flavor, you’re going to love these vegan Strawberry Basil Pancakes!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with berries
Notes of fresh basil
Perf for spring
No dairy or eggs
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 pancakes
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2tbsps
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 3 tbsp shredded basil
- In a bowl, mash banana and add the plant-based milk, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and melted coconut oil. Give it a quick whisk. Add the flour and baking powder. Whisk until combined. Fold in the strawberries and basil. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Brush a pan with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add 1/3 cup pancake batter. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula.
- Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 6 pancakes out of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes, add some coconut whip cream, and garnish with fresh strawberries and basil. Enjoy!