Vegan Spring Rolls
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Although I have many new favorites I discover weekly, there are some recipes that will just forever remain a staple in my routine.
One of them in particular, ..is vegan Summer Rolls!
What I love about this dish is ..everything. Its simple, easy, colorful, flavor, affordable, and effortless there is literally no recipe that can compete!
Just how easy is it to throw together?! Watch this clip above!
I know rice paper sounds foreign, and perhaps challenging to work with, but it’s truly so much fun to play around with and absolutely kid friendly. I brought this recipe into one of the elementary schools I worked with through the non profit, the Coalition for Healthy School Food, which promotes plant based foods in public schools throughout New York..
The students loved the process and the texture it provided.
If you’re slacking on your veggie intake, this concept will leave you craving it not long after the first bite. You have to try my classic recipe for vegan Summer Rolls
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Low calorie with lots of flavor
Perf for every season
Eat Drink Shrink
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 8 rice paper wraps
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large carrot
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 scallions
- 1 package tofu (firm)
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 cucumbers
- black sesame seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp siracha or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 fresh orange
- 1 tbs Tamari
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Press tofu to remove excess water. Slice into strips. Cook in a pan over medium heat with a little bit of sesame oil. Should be firm and crispy.
- Wash all produce. Slice peppers thin. Spiralize cucumber and carrot (peel carrot first). Slice avocados into thin slice. Wash cilantro and remove leaves from stems.
- Soak the rice paper in cool water for a few seconds, once it starts to get soft, lay on a slightly damp surface to make the wrap. Lay ingredients down in the middle with whatever you want to show through the most first. Fold the sides in then choose the shortest side to roll up first.
- Sauce: in a smal dish whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add more citrus to modify the consistency. Top with crushed peanuts and or sesame seeds.