Vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup
Hello & Happy Thursday!
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about everything spinach and artichoke! Lately I’ve been on a mission to explore as many concepts to feature this classic combo as I find that it’s typically just used as a heavy dip. However, there is so much more you can do with spinach and artichokes, and just like that, I envisioned creating a fab vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup!
When it comes to soup, I’ll be honest, I typically only enjoy it at home & made from scratch. If I’m at a restaurant I’m paranoid about everything they put into it and the endless sodium content. The silver lining is that it’s just more of an excuse to explore endless soup concepts!
With the warmer temperatures around the corner I decided to whip up this spinach artichoke soup! Surprisingly enough there wasn’t a ton of recipes online for this concept. Instead of looking at that like this isn’t a ground breaking concept, I find that its an opportunity to create something magical!
What’s fab about this recipe, is simply everything! This soup has minimal ingredients, is veggie packed, packed with flavor, features easy to find canned or frozen ingredients, it’s easy, creamy, affordable, perf for every season, can be made in minutes, can be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, has aesthetic appeal, and is just a game changing recipe!
If you’re looking to break into the world of modern vegan soups or simply love all things spinach artichoke, you have to try my recipe for vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season!
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 cup sliced leeks, white + light green part only
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (can always do less)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup soaked cashews, see tips
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sauté sliced leeks in a large pot over medium-high heat until leeks are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped artichokes and garlic; sauté for another 2-4 minutes. Stirring to prevent garlic from burning.
- Now add the white wine, cook for another 3-4 minutes until reduced.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, coconut milk bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- To the blender or food processor add soaked cashews and 1/2 of broth. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture back into the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the chopped spinach. Stir until spinach wilts; season soup with salt and pepper and serve.
If you don't have time to soak cashews simply place in boiling water for 10minutes to soften.