Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Hello & Happy Monday!!
After diving head first into countless summer dessert concepts via Eat Drink Shrink, I’ve been on a mission to explore all things savory! While I’m not a huge pasta person (I prefer homemade), it’s actually the perf medium to get more veggies on your plate. If you haven’t realized yet, spinach and artichoke is one of my all time favorite combos and has been on my mind a lot lately as it’s always overlooked.
People make dip and then are done with it lol
Typically we envision a heavy cheese dip when this combo comes to mind, but there are countless other things you can do and pasta is one of them! The wonderful thing about artichokes is that they pair perfectly with any season, you can find them all year round, and they are affordable making them the ideal addition to a myriad of dishes to up the veggie content. (Other spinach/artichoke concepts?! Check out these: Spinach Artichoke Pin Wheels, Oven Baked Artichokes, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, Artichoke Dip)
Ironically, artichokes are not my husbands favorite, but he’s picky with his veggies, and well that just leaves more for me lol
What’s fab about this dish, is simply everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, veggie packed, flavor packed, can easily be made in bulk (meal prep), affordable, the sauce can be paired with countless other dishes, non vegan approved, and it’s just an all around game changing effortless recipe you have to try!
If you love a solid vegan pasta dish that you can enjoy for years to come, this vegan Spinach Artichoke Pasta is it!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1tbsp vegan butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parm
- 1/4 tsp salt + Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 box cooked fettuccine or linguini pasta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 15 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
- Toasted pine nuts, parsley, lemon juice
- Add minced garlic and and butter to a pan. Sauté the garlic for one to two minutes, or just until it's tender and fragrant. Add the chopped shallots and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside.
- In a blend add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt/pepper, and onion/garlic mix and blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk if desired to achieve thinner consistency
- To the same pan add a little olive oil and garlic, cook for 1 minute, add the drained artichokes and cook for 3-4 minutes. I like to get brown pieces to add more flavor. Toss in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cooked pasta and garlic cream sauce to the pan with the artichokes and spinach. Toss and coat. Top of with a squeeze of lemon and garnish with parsley, toasted pine nuts and additional vegan parmesan.
If you want to make more sauce to use for leftovers simply add more cashews and almond milk If you have minimal time: Put cashews in bowl of water, microwave for 5 minutes, skip cooking garlic and shallots and throw into blender w/remaining sauce ingredients, throw the sauce in a pan with cooked pasta, artichokes, and spinach, cook for a few minutes, enjoy!