Vegan Spaghetti Pie
Hello & Happy Friday!
I still can’t believe 2017 is soon to be behind us! This year has been so eventful and flu l of change that I can’t imagine what 2018 will bring.
Although I didn’t get to mark a lot of traveling off of my bucket list, just being able to catch my breath after 6 years of non stop school was amazing. Even if I spent the entire year wedding planning lol. (note to self: hire a planner, don’t do it yourself)
Something I did mark off a lot, was my foodie bucket list! This vegan Spaghetti Pie was one of them!
At first glance I thought the idea of a spaghetti pie didn’t sound that intriguing. Throwing a bunch of plain ol’ spaghetti with red sauce in a pan and baking it is still plain ol’ spaghetti. However, if you can use different ingredients, then perhaps you have something!
and the vegan Spaghetti Pie with mushrooms and kale was born!
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s a handful of ingredients, affordable, easy, packs flavor with the herbs and wine, filling, cheesy, can easily be made in bulk, non vegan approved (husband loved it), and is probably hands down the one recipe that really exceeded my expectations!
If you love fun vegan concepts I highly recommend this recipe for vegan Spaghetti Pie with mushrooms and kale!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Packed with kale and mushrooms
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3/4 box spaghetti
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 spring parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carton of bella mushroom (sliced)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan Parm
- 2 cups shredded kale (you can always do more)
- Garnish with parsley
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt/pepper as desired
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder combine w/ 1/3 cup almond milk (will be thick)
- Preheat oven to 350. In a pan over medium heat add the olive oil and herbs. Cook for 5 minutes until the parsley looks wilted. Remove herbs and add diced onion, cook until translucent. Now add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 5. Now add the mushrooms and wine and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until some of the wine is reduced. (add salt and pepper as needed). Add the shredded kale and cook for 1 more minute. (you can also skip this step if needed as I believe it will still cook sufficiently in the oven) Remove from heat.
- For the sauce add everything to a blender and puree until smooth. If the sauce is too thick add more almond milk. In the pan with all the veggies add the sauce, leaving 1/2 cup behind, toss and coat. Throw in the cooked spaghetti and layer into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan that's lined with aluminum foil. Top with remaining sauce and vegan parm, bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with parsley.