Vegan Soft Baked Lemon Rosemary Cookies
Hell0 & Happy Wednesday!!
I can’t believe we are due any day now. As a whole I haven’t had a ton of cravings, but one thing is for sure, all my traditional cravings were intensified!!
One of my all time favorite combos, is lemon and rosemary!!
You typically find herbs only being utilized in savory dishes. However, they can truly take an everyday dessert recipe and turn it into a fab recipe in minutes. When it comes to summer concept, I’m all about the citrus fruits. While not the majority, I find that I have more of a preference for citrus or fruit forward desserts as chocolate can be too overwhelming to my tastebuds.
Needless to say, I love these vegan soft baked Lemon Rosemary Cookies!!
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! They are quick, easy, have minimal ingredients, are buttery soft, packed with flavor, you can use the base to make countless soft baked varieties, they are perf for summer, have aesthetic appeal, and truly capture the essence of spring/summer!
If you love modern vegan desserts, you’re going to love these new vegan soft baked Lemon Rosemary Cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with flavor
You can skip the icing if you prefer
Perf for summer
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, room temperature almond milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir.
- Pop in the fridge for 10 mins or longer if needed to enable it to firm up.
- Roll 4 tablespoon size scoops of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick.
- You can wet your hands to make it easier working with the batter. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won't turn golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the icing. In a mixing bowl, combine the confectioners sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and drizzle across the tops of the cookies. Top with lemon zest and rosemary. Allow to set. Enjoy!