Vegan Roasted Garlic Soup
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
In recent years I’ve become obsessed with all things soup! I love the simplicity in the process, the fact that you can make them as veggie packed as you like and they are perfect for any season. Obviously a soup is more fitting for the colder months, but as long as the air conditioning is pumping, just gimme all the soup! lol
One soup I always wanted to try, is this vegan Roasted Garlic Soup! I’ve used roasted garlic in countless recipes and it always derives more flavor to dishes than fresh or pre-chopped. It deepens the flavor and can just take an everyday recipe and make it a fab one! With an affinity for all things roasted garlic I knew a soup would be something to explore, and the vegan Roasted Garlic Soup was born!
I personally love this soup for many reasons. It’s quick, easy, cheesy, packs protein from the cashews, is filling, affordable, perfect for any season, packs tons of garlic flavor, has notes of wine, would pair perfectly with bread, and is just such a crowd pleaser!
If you love all things garlic, you have to try this new vegan Roasted Garlic Soup!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with protein
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 Heads of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1/3 cup cooking wine
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Trim the tops off 4 of the heads of garlic. Just enough to expose all its cloves. Pour ½ tablespoon olive oil over the exposed cloves and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place each bulb right side up on a small square of foil. Fold the foil around the bulb of garlic and place on a cookie sheet. Roast the garlic for 45 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
- In a large pot add chopped onion to pan. Sauté onions until they start to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire and white wine and cook for another 3 mins until slightly reduced.
- When roasted garlic is cooled, press it out of its skins. Add it to a blender along with the almond milk, soaked cashews, cooked onions, optional nutritional yeast. Purée the soup until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot, and simmer. Enjoy hot!
Soak cashews overnight or for 7-10 mins in boiling water