Vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one concept I recently fell in love with, is vegan caramel corn! As a child we all loved caramel corn, especially the kind that came in the large tins. Lord knows what was in that, but thankfully you can take a trip down memory lane and recreate this classic treat to be vegan and it’s just so easy!
What I love about carpal corn is that it’s of course nostalgic, easy, but it’s also a blank canvas. You can play around with the flavors, making the options endless. Why make plain jane caramel corn, when you can put a flavor spin on it! With the fall weather in full swing, I of course was craving pumpkin spice!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs tons of flavor, both sweet and slightly salty, perf for fall, can easily be made in bulk, the nuts add a savory component, you can switch up the nuts, you can use coconut sugar (caramel texture may be more grainy, less pourable) and it makes for even a great holiday gift!
If you love all things pumpkin or are craving a modern vegan treat, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for fall
Packs tons of flavor
Both savory and sweet
Can easily be made in bulk
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 light brown rice syrup
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Toasted pecans: Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin spice, pecans and melted butter together. Roast for 5-7 minutes.
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn: Place popcorn in a large bowl. Combine vegan butter, salt, brown sugar, brown rice syrup, pumpkin spice in a pan over medium heat, stirring, until butter is melted and combined.
- When mixture starts to bubble slightly, turn heat to low and allow to bubble for 4 minutes, without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla extract. Combine.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over the popcorn, thrown in half the nuts, and stir. Add the remaining nuts and caramel and stir again.
- Spread onto pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.