Vegan Pistachio Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
If there are a few concepts I love to save for the weekends, it’s biscuits and pancakes! Since I cook full time, I have to get creative with flavors as I just find myself bored. Pancakes are wonderful as they are such a blank canvas where you can tailor them to your tastebuds and the seasons and really have fun.
One of my favorite flavors is, pistachio!
I feel as though in recent years more and more people are gravitating towards this staple favor. That being said, one of my favorite pancakes I ever did, perhaps back in 2014 were these pistachio variety! Pistachio flavor concepts are great with baking as it’s the perfect opportunity to pack on the spinach.
The spinach not only adds flavor, but also a lil bit of moisture without over saturating a batter. Most importantly, you can derive this gorgeous hue!!
What’s great about these pancakes, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, pack spinach, require no vegan eggs, perf for 2 people or if you’re craving a large stack, perf for any season, have a buttery soft texture, packed with pistachios, and great for entertaining!
If you love all things pistachios or simply crave modern vegan pancakes, you have to try this Pistachio Pancakes with spinach !!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with spinach
Packed with pistachios
Packs a gorgeous hue
Perfect for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a blender add almond milk, lemon juice, almond extract and spinach, stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the chopped pistachios into the batter
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and additional crushed pistachios.