Vegan Peach Oatmeal Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
With so many recipes on the back burner and the fall weather coming taking over, I knew I had to share this classic Peach Oatmeal Muffin recipe! Last month I went thru a muffin phase as it finally occurred to me that I lacked various breakfast concepts and that muffins were amiss! Out of countless breakfast options I have to say, I love a good warm muffin!
I believe I had played around with vegan muffin recipes when I initially started cooking and the results were just not ideal. The texture was off, there was too much fruit, and or they were just too dense. That being said, I rarely craved a vegan muffin until I finally said, that’s it..
There has to be a perfect vegan muffin recipe on EDS!!
If you know anything about me, I’m from Atlanta, so I love all things peaches! Like most fruits though, they taste the best when in season and the frozen options just don’t pack the same flavor and add too much moisture to the batter. To add transparency to my not so perfect eating days, as a child I love those peach oatmeal packets that were big in the early 90’s. As a result I still crave all things peach oatmeal today!
What’s fab about this Peach Oatmeal Muffin recipe, is everything! It’s my staple classic muffin recipe, it’s quick, easy, affordable, packs moisture, but cooks all the way through, is rich with peaches, oats, has aesthetic appeal, perfect addition to brunch, and if you desire you can mix up the fruit to cater to your tastebuds and or the season by simply switching up the fruit and spices!
If you love a staple muffin recipe or simply love all things peaches, you have to try this recipe for Peach Oatmeal Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
You can switch up the fruit or spices and create any muffin you desire
Has aesthetic appeal
Perf for brunch
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields Yields Makes 4-8 large, big-topped muffins / 10 standard muffins / 20-22 mini muffins
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh peaches, sliced (additional for topping optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick — see note below for more details). Fold in the diced peach, and fill into the muffin cups. Top with additional sliced peaches, oats, and sugar cane. (I used coarse sugar)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake. Allow to cool in the muffin tins, then enjoy!