Vegan OREO Truffles
Hello & Happy Friday!!
While I love to make everything from scratch, sometimes time constraints call for the effortless like these vegan OREO Truffles! Believe it or not, Pinterest is inundated with endless variations of this concept making it just such a staple. It’s a lil indulgent, not my usual approach with recipes, but there was something just alluring about this treat. Another shocker, today is actually National OREO day lol.
I was curious, could it be done with vegan cream cheese without compromising flavor or texture? Is it truly all that it’s cracked up to be? and the answer is, …yes!! Truffles as a whole are an effortless concept. These vegan OREO Truffles, even easier than the traditional truffle!
What’s fab about this recipe, is just everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, ingredients are accessible, the chocolate sugar free, you can switch up the chocolate if desired, create a topping for added appeal, they can easily be made in bulk, are perfect for entertaining, perfect for any season, are an all around crowd pleaser!
If you love all things OREO or simply crave effortless vegan desserts, you’re going to love these new vegan OREO Truffles!!
Why this recipe is great:
Can easily be made in bulk
Chocolate is sweetened with stevia
Perf for any season
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
1 hr, 20 Prep Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
- 1 pkg. 8 oz Vegan Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Lily's Sweets stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor add the OREOS, blend until they are fine crumbs.
- Now add the cream cheese and blend again.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Shape into balls and place back into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave.
- Heat for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
If your mixture is firm enough to roll out into balls you can skip throwing it into the fridge.