Vegan Gluten Free Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Lately I’ve been exploring minimalist concepts. One, because I find that they are the most approachable, secondly, because at nearly 34 weeks, I just don’t have the energy.
At about 30 weeks I could absolutely see a shift in my energy levels, which I embrace. I have to believe it’s serendipitous as it’s your body telling you that delivery is near, the baby is coming, slow down, and get all the rest you need now lol. Needless to say, I’ve been sleeping 9 hours and discovering new effortless eats!!
When it comes to oats, I have a love hate relationship with them. I love them, so much I used to eat them on the daily back in circa 2004/5. However, I had them so much, I took a much needed break and just found that unless I was hitting the gym right away, it was just too much of a carb load and weighed me down. Today I use them as a flourless binder in veggie burgers, but that was the extent of it.
Once I found that oats can make a seamless vegan waffle, I returned to my oat loving days, and came up with these fab Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything. They are quick, easy, affordable, packed with fiber and protein making them more filling, they can easily be made in bulk, are perf for any season, are gluten free with the use of gluten free oats, hold together, packed with chocolate chips, and you could never tell there is even oats in them! lol
If you love a fab gluten free option or just a healthier alternative to the standard cookie, you’re going to love these new vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
Why this recipe is great:
No white flour
Packed with fiber
Packed with plant based protein
Don’t even taste oats!
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Egg Powder combined w/6tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the oat flour simply add about 2 cups of oats to a blender and blend until flour like.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: melt coconut oil, coconut sugar/cane sugar, vegan eggs, and vanilla.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined about 10 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.Cover the bowl of cookie dough.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes in the fridge.Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. With your hands flatten and form the cookies. Cookies will spread, but not excessively.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. For larger sized cookies I'd recommend 20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to fully cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
*If you don't have vegan egg powder, simply make a flax egg