Vegan Nacho Cheese
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one concept I thought you could never replicate in vegan cuisine, it’s nacho cheese! The flavor, the texture, the color, seemed impossible. However, with some staple ingredients, just a little cashews, some carrots for color and some potato for texture..
You truly can make a fab nacho cheese!!
Even with cooking full time, new recipes being tested daily, this one always keeps me coming back because it’s just THAT good. I love to enjoy it as a dip, but it’s also fab to throw on anything and everything. If I had to say it, I think I like it more than I ever liked any traditional nacho cheese as it packs the same flavor and texture without all the bulk and lord knows what else is in there lol.
If you’re not fond of cashews, don’t stress, neither am I. (truth) I think with the boom of the cashew cheesecakes 5+ years ago combined with not having a powerful blender at the time, I just got exhausted with using them and found them overpowering in recipes. What’s great about cashews, is you truly don’t need a lot, just a handful, and they make a world of a difference.
I had explored vegan cashew cheeses both hard and soft over the years, and this nacho cheese over a year ago. I promise after you try this cheese, the only thing you’ll be asking yourself is..
Why did I wait so long to try it lol
What I love about this recipe is, simply everything! It’s quick, easy, cheesy, features staple ingredients, colorful, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, is non vegan approved, you can pair with whatever you like or throw on countless dishes, it’s perf for any season!
If you love all things nachos then look no further. You have to try my recipe for vegan Nacho Cheese!
I love me some EDS Nacho Cheese! Link: https://bit.ly/2IGu1PZ Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entErtaining
Tons of veggies
No baking needed!
Cashew cheese can be used for a myriad of things!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2 cups
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 large carrot (fork tender)
- 1 small potato (fork tender)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4hrs in hot water)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 chili in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- salt/pepper as desired
- chili powder
- If you haven't soaked the cashews for a long time, add them to the blender first with a little almond milk. Blend until smooth. If not simply add everything in and blend until smooth. For a more vibrant orange simply add an additional fork tender carrot. To monitor the heat factor you can add 1/2 the adobo pepper and blend.
- Add more almond milk a little at a time to achieve the desired consistency if yours is too thick. Top with the garnishes. Store in the fridge if not enjoying. pop in the microwave to enjoy warm! (be sure to stir occasionally to prevent it from drying out)
For more of an orange color, add more carrots! (I added 1/2 of one)