15 Minute Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Perhaps not everyone will agree, but I feel like THYME is just flying by with social distancing. I’ve been keeping busy and whipping up staple recipes that are not only approachable, affordable, but the ingredient lists are very minimal.
When I was in a bind for dinner last night and had 15 minutes and mushrooms that were going to start going bad soon, a lightbulb went off. I had to do an effortless mushroom pasta dish with homemade sauce! Pasta has a bad reputation for being nutritionally deficient, but you can easily pack on the veggies and even choose a lentil or chickpea pasta if desired.
Needless to say, pasta is actually the perfect medium to pack on the veggies and this dish doesn’t disappoint! What’s great about this dish, is that it’s quick, easy, cheesy, affordable, requires minimal ingredients, is filling, perfect for any season, packs flavor, you can throw on a protein if desired, you don’t need fresh thyme, it packs flavor, can easily be made in bulk and is great for entertaining!
If you’re searching for a quick and easy staple mushroom pasta, this is it! You have to try this vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season!
Packs tons of flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 box cooked pasta
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 carton cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3-1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- In a pan over medium heat, add the butter and diced onions, cook until translucent.
- Now add the cremini mushrooms, garlic, and dried thyme and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms slightly shrink. Now add the white wine and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly reduced. You can choose how much of a wine flavor you'd like.
- I recommend using 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- To a blender add the soaked cashews (place in boiling water for 10 minutes) and half of the mushroom/onion mix, and almond milk. Add additional almond milk if desired to modify consistency. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the onion/mushroom mix. Pour the blended sauce over everything and mix to combine. Serve warm.