Vegan Mint Cookie Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Lately we’ve been reviewing recipe categories to offer more diversity with options. Believe it or not, we didn’t have a lot of cake recipes. (cue the tears) Cake is one of those things I don’t like to do on a regular basis, but when I do, I like it to be seamless. Layer cakes can be more tedious and involve even more icing and are just not my style.
I personally.. LOVE a sheet cake! It’s quick, easy, no fuss and tastes just as good as the more time consuming layer cakes!
I recently featured a staple chocolate cake and loved the idea that it didn’t call for vegan eggs, butter, or even a lot of oil. In many ways, it’s a minimalist cake and the texture is just perfection! When thinking of the next fun chocolate cake, I loved the idea of a Mint Cookie Sheet Cake!!
What’s great about this recipe, is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, requires not even a vegan egg, vegan icing you can find ready made, the color is naturally dyed, the cookies provide texture, the flavor is good for any season, the cake is buttery soft, and you could double the recipe to make a tired cake if desired!
If you love effortless chocolate cake or all things mint and chocolate, you have to try this new vegan Mint Cookie Sheet Cake!!
Why this recipe is great:
Requires no vegan eggs
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee (or water/almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup crushed cookies (remove icing if using OREOS)
- 1 tsp matcha
- Preheat to 375°F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and the sugar. Poke three holes into the mix. Pour the vanilla, vinegar, and oil into each hole.
- Add the coffee and stir the ingredients until well blended. Add to the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is set but springy. Cool the cake in the pan. Once cooled remove.
- Icing: Take ready made vegan icing and throw in the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip the icing and add the peppermint extract and matcha. Stop blending and now fold in the crushed cookies. Ice the cooled cake and serve!