Vegan Lemon Strawberry Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
Weekends are for relaxing, and pancakes! While the temperatures are still frigid outside, I’m already starting to crave all the spring flavors. The shifting of the seasons is honestly my favorite thing. New seasons bring new weather, new foods, and new flavors. Spring is all about the fruit and dishes with bright colors. Although I love all the fall/winter foods, the majority of them are well.. brown lol.
So with planning the weekend pancakes I knew we had to do a staple Lemon Strawberry!
Believe it or not, vegan pancakes can be a big flop. When you replace the egg with flax or mashed bananas you may be adding too much moisture and the pancakes don’t cook through. However, you truly don’t even need a mashed banana or flax egg and can make a perf fluffy pancake!!
What’s fab about these pancakes is everything! It’s quick, easy, the texture light and fluffy, has notes of lemon, contain no dairy or eggs, no vegan eggs, are perf for spring, and packed with fruit!!
If you love staple vegan pancakes or all things lemon, you have to try these vegan Lemon Strawberry Pancakes!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for spring
No dairy or eggs
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract, optional
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, optional extract, and vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and and fold into the batter
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.