Vegan Lemon Rosemary Pancakes
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I’m elated that the weekend is here! Why? Because I love a good brunch concept.. and this one, is one I’ve had on the back burner for months! When you cook full time, you’re always looking for an opportunity to put a modern spin on classic dishes. Pancakes are one of the most classic dishes you can find and I love to play around with the flavors.
Yes, simple pancakes are a win, but they are truly like a black canvas that enables you to really get creative, so I always do!
Since a child I’ve always gravitated towards anything lemon. As an adult I still do, but I have an infatuation with fresh herbs. I love to grow my own herbs and currently have rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, and strangely grew tarragon out of nowhere lol. (irony, one of my favorite herbs I can never find)
I find that rosemary and lemon are a seamless combo that pair well with the obvious savory dishes, but also sweet! When thinking of the next best pancake, I knew we had to explore a Lemon Rosemary! While nervous how it would be received, I personally love this concept and the results were over the top!
This recipe is quick and easy, buttery soft, packs tons of flavor, is oil free, vegan, has notes of lemon with a hint of rosemary, has aesthetic appeal, is perfect for warm weather months, great for entertaining, and will take a drab brunch to a fab brunch in minutes!
If you love innovative brunch concepts, you have to try these new vegan Lemon Rosemary Pancakes!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs a rich lemon flavor
Notes of rosemary
Perfect for summer!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 pancakes
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract, optional
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, optional extract, and vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the chopped rosemary into the batter
- Let batter rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.