Vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If you haven’t heard, I was once on a huge muffin kick! For years I never made them as I found the texture in vegan recipes just to be off. They were always too dense or didn’t cook all the way thru. A truly good muffin should be light, but not cake like, dense, but not a brick lol, and this recipe is just that!
Since finding the perf recipe I’ve created countless combos as the options are just endless. I’ve done Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple Muffins, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine and many more! If you love a good muffin, you’ve come to the right place!!
In addition to having an affinity for the perf muffin, I love all things lemon. I think my love stems from childhood as my mom would always buy those powdered lemon cookies and I ate lemon drops, so today I just crave a good lemon concept. I find the flavor light, crisp, perf for any season, not overwhelming to my tastebuds, and it’s just so me! I also love featuring herbs in sweet concepts anything as it just adds that hint of flavor that keeps you on your toes.
That being said, these vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins were a no brainer.
This recipe is fab because it’s my staple muffin recipe, has minimal ingredients, you can modify the added sugar or even skip the icing on top, it packs a rich lemon flavor, a hint of rosemary, the olive oil ties everything in together, it’s perf for any season, and is a lemon lovers dream!
If you love fun fresh modern vegan concepts, you have to try my recipe for vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with lemon flavor
You can skip the icing to lower the sugar content
Hint of rosemary
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 large, 6-8 small
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
4.3 based on 3 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil, (you can use coconut oil if preferred)
- 1 large banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary, chopped (you can always do more)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- F. For big-topped muffins, use the large muffin tins/liners or line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mash banana. Now add in the olive oil, room temp almond milk, vanilla and lemon juice, lemon extract (optional), and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chopped rosemary. (The muffin batter will be quite thick)
- Fill into the muffin cups
- Place in the oven and cover with a tinfoil tin to protect the tops. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Icing: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and adjust to create the desired consistency. Drizzle over top and garnish with additional rosemary and lemon zest.
*the more ripe your banana is the darker the batter will be