Vegan Lemon Dill Cucumber Salad
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Summer is almost here, so it’s all about the light and crisp dishes! I personally love the summer produce options as it features an array of fruit and many with a high water content. I find that I naturally crave the lighter dishes that don’t weight me down and I have more energy throughout the day.
One of my favorite summer veggies is cucumber! They add texture to salads, sandwiches, and are great even as a salad by themselves!
There are so many great things about this cucumber salad! It’s quick, easy, affordable, veggie packed, has notes of lemon and garlic, is flavor packed, has avocado for healthy fats, fresh dill, has texture, is perfect for any season, great for entertaining, you could also use the salad to top sandwiches with and pairs well with any protein!
If you’re searching for a staple summer salad, you have to try this new vegan Lemon Dill Cucumber Salad!!
Why this recipe is great:
Light and crisp
Has healthy fats
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt or sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt/Fresh cracked black pepper as needed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Combine all the sauce ingredients: yogurt, dill, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk and combine.
- Toss the sliced cucumbers and red onion in and coat all the slices.
- Now add the avocado and gently toss and coat. Garnish with additional black pepper and dill. For more flavor allow to sit in the fridge for 30 mins or more.