Vegan Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one thing I’m craving, its a good soup and some fab bread! Now that I’ve made a slew of staple soups that are my go to’s (Tomato Basil, Curried Butternut Squash, Mushroom Soup, Corn Chowder, Spinach Artichoke, French Onion, Lasagna Soup, Black Bean and more!), I was craving the perf bread to accompany them!
If you know me, I love everything with a bit of heat as I truly feel that spice only enhances flavors. That being said, these vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins were a no brainer!!
Believe it or not, I came across many vegan cornbread recipes that were just complete duds. (these were from reportable bloggers too). After the underwhelming experience years ago, I had not explored cornbread since. I’m just so glad I caved and gave this recipe a go, because it came out SO GOOD.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, contains less sugar than most recipes, has a sweetness from the corn, notes of spice from the jalapeños, a beautiful texture, aesthetic appeal, perf to compliment any soup, perf for any season, and my new favorite obsession!
If you love all things cornbread or anything with a hint of heat, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Has a slight heat
Perf to pair with winter soup!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 5-10 muffins
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar (you could get away with 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and lightly grease the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, oil, and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Do not overmix. Fold in the corn and jalapeños (saving 1/2 a jalapeño to cover the tops with)
- Fill the prepared muffin pan with the batter, filling each muffin cup about two-thirds of the way full. Top with shredded vegan cheddar cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm.