Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Long before my cooking days I would shy away from anything “pasta”. When dining out I never ordered it, I never craved it, and my viewpoint was that it was just adding refined carbs to my diet. It wasn’t until my culinary course at NYU where I made homemade pumpkin ravioli that the beauty behind pasta came to light. We all know everything homemade is better than premade, and that couldn’t be an more true when it comes to pasta.
After embracing pasta my thoughts on it evolved from “just calories”, to a wonderful medium to get more veggies into the diet. Pasta can be made in minutes, makes dishes more filling, and you can pack them with as many veggies as you like and throw on a healthy sauce and boom, you have a nutrient packed dish!
That being said, while wedding planning years ago, my extra time for complex recipes was significantly reduced, and this fab vegan Italian Pasta Salad was born!
What I love about this dish, is just everything! It packs tons of veggies, flavor, arugula, a hint of spice, a hint of sweet with the sun dried tomatoes, can easily be made in bulk, is affordable, has multiple textures, good for any season, non vegan approved, and is great by itself of paired with a protein.
If you love a classic dish that never get’s old..
You need this recipe for vegan Italian Pasta Salad!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Great for a quick lunch or side dish!
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 cups cooked bowtie pasta
- 2/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (marinated)
- 1 can artichokes, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian olives (sliced in half)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup arugula leaves (optional)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parm (optional)
- Roast the pine nuts in the oven on 300 for 5-7 mins or in a pan over low/med heat.
- Pesto: combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pasta Salad: Chop ingredients as desired, toss together with cooked pasta and pesto. Place in fridge until time to serve.