Vegan Herb Cauliflower Fritters
This week has been a busy one! I’ve been making an effort to go down my foodie bucket list and explore recipes that I keep putting off, these cauliflower fritters were one of them!
Fritters are one of those concepts that never gets old. You typically combine a handful of ingredients with the egg serving as the binder and boom, you have a fab fritter!
I’ve explored zucchini fritters back in 2014 and it evolved to be one the most favorited recipes on EDS! Given the good feedback I’ve been wanting to revisit this concept and switch up the veggie, and the vegan Herb Cauliflower Fritters were born!
What’s fab about this recipe is as I always say, everything! It’s packed with cauliflower, fresh herbs, invovles a handful of ingredients, packs tons of flavor, perf for any season, great for entertaining, can be thrown on a bun to create a sammie, and is non vegan approved!
If you love effortless modern vegan eats, you have to try these vegan Herb Cauliflower Fritters!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Perf for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 5 large or 12 small
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp follow your heart egg powder combined with 3/4 cup water or almond milk
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup vegan Follow Your Heart Parm Cheese (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs chives
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked or boil a little water in a pot and place a strainer inside the pot. The strainer shouldn't touch the water. Toss the cauliflower in (work in batched if needed) and allow the water to steam the cauliflower. Set aside to cool.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a tea towel or nutmilk bag and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can (warning, if you don't wait long enough, cauliflower will be very hot)
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add everything that remains minus the oil.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Take the fritters and form patties. You want them to be slight wet as I feel they hold together better. If they fall apart, I'd add more egg. You can modify the size and thickness to meet your preferences.
- cook 3 minutes on each side. Flip on the sides to cook the edges. Set aside to drain briefly on paper towels to soak up any excess grease, and immediately transfer to an oven proof dish and then into the hot oven until ready to eat.
- Top with a dollop of vegan yogurt or sour cream and sprinkle with finely chopped scallions.
If you want to create a crispier outer edge, you can lightly coat the outside right before frying with additional Panko