Vegan Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
This week has been on the more exhausting side. There are many things going on behind the scenes of EDS coupled with mom life and it’s honestly been hard to keep up. However, I find that cooking is my saving grace. It soothes the soul and is truly cathartic. Lately I’ve been all about corn! For a long time I passed on various corn concepts, but it’s time to shine is summer and I truly love the texture and hint of sweet it adds to dishes. I always opt for on the cob, organic and fresh whenever feasible.
What’s great about corn is also its versatility. There is so much you can do with it. You can do soups, salads, fritters, puddings, and the list goes on. I personally love to throw it in salads! I recently did an Avocado Tomato style salad with corn tossed in a fab dressing and I literally ate the entire thing lol.
When thinking of the next best corn recipe, I knew I had to do a spin on the classic Chipotle corn salad. While its good, you can easily pack on even more veggies and flavor truly achieve an impactful dish. And the new vegan Grilled Avocado Corn Salad was born.
What’s great about this salad, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, colorful, veggie packed, flavor packed, has multiple textures, smokey from the grilled corn, is perfect for summer, can be enjoyed by itself or thrown on tacos, or even enjoyed as salsa with chips! It’s slights sweet with a hint of heat and just so good!
If you love all things corn or just love effortless vegan eats, you have to try this new Grilled Corn + Avocado Salad!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for summer
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 6 ears corn, boiled, grilled
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prep the corn by throwing them in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then trow on the grill with a lil oil to get a nice char. Set aside to cool and cut the corn off the cob.
- Wash and prep the remaining ingredients and throw in the bowl with the corn.
- Prepare the dressing: In a shallow dish add dressing ingredients, whisk until smooth. Pour over the salad, toss and coat. Place in fridge until ready to serve.