- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp almond extract – you can also use vanilla
- 1 tbsp green powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, baking powder, baking soda, green powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender, place melted coconut oil, room temperature almond milk, almond extract or vanilla, maple syrup, avocado and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely puréed.
- Pour puréed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, top with slivered almonds, and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If you’re looking to incorporate banana, simply sub the avocado for it
What’s great about the maple syrup is that you can see how much sweeter you’re adding. Whereas a banana, you don’t know the sugar content as it varies as it ripens. (more ripe, more sweet)
- Serving Size: 1