Vegan Greek Burger with Tzatzki Sauce
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I can’t even begin to describe how much I love Greek Food, or well, the concept of dill, olives, feta and cucumber! While my number one favorite thing to do with dill is make a mean vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad…
My second favorite thing to do with dill is, .. MAKE VEGAN GREEK BURGERS!!
This recipe was created while on a whim nearly 6 years ago and the flavors were so on point that it still holds up today. While going thru all the summer food staples, I knew I had to revisit this recipe and tweak it to even more perfection!
What I love about this recipe is that it’ colorful, features oats and no flour, it’s packed with chickpeas and quinoa, nutrient dense, filling, packs fiber, has great presentation, can be made in bulk and frozen, packs tons of flavor, pairs seamlessly with the tzatzki sauce, I love the notes of mint, it’s perfecto for any season, could be made into mini sliders, is non vegan approved, and its just such a game changer!
If you’re looking for a innovative vegan burger that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my staple Greek Burger recipe!! I guarantee you’ll be obsessed!!
Why this recipe is great:
Can be made into mini bites for entertaining!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 burgers
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- Salt/pepper as needed
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats (measure pre grinded)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped black or kalamata olives
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 small container of vegan plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 small seedless cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- salt/pepper as needed
- 4 burger buns
- red onion
- Burgers: Cook quinoa according to instructions with vegetable stock. Drain quinoa well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic, oregano, salt/pepper. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse into dust.
- Place in a large bowl with the drained/rinsed chickpeas, quinoa, sautéed onion mixture, Panko, dill, parsley, lemon, oat flour, green onions, chopped olives, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well, then divide into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add patties to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- Tzatzki Sauce: While Greek burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, vegan yogurt/sour cream, mint, minced garlic, lemon and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top burgers with arugula, red onion, tzatzki sauce.