Vegan Gnocchi Soup
Hello & Happy Monday!!
The warmer temps are slowly creeping in (thank goodness), but in my opinion.. there is always time for soup and salad!
I find that soups are the perfect vehicle to pack on the veggies and they are just so quick and easy. There are so many staple soups, but there are countless fun modern concepts to explore and this vegan Gnocchi Soup was one of them!
I love homemade gnocchi, but even the store bought options can work and they seamlessly bulk up a recipe and add texture. I was searching for gnocchi soup inpso and I came across one that looked so good, and ironically was designed after a Olive Garden staple lol. I have been to their restaurant a handful of times and while I was only sold on the breadsticks and salad (so good lol)..
This soup actually sounded REALLY GOOD.
While this soup was of course laden with heavy cream, chicken broth and chicken, I was able to substitute those ingredients without compromising the texture or flavor and the results were fab!!
What’s great about this soup, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs healthy fat and protein with the cashews, a rich texture, carrots, spinach, gnocchi, tons of flavor, can easily be made in bulk, can be as thick as you desire, perf for any season, and is just such a fun concept!
If you’re a lover of this “Olive Garden” staple or simply love all things gnocchi, you’re going to love this vegan Gnocchi Soup!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No heavy cream, chicken broth or chicken
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- pinch-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, pepper
- 1 16 oz. pkg. vegan potato gnocchi
- 1 cup Matchstick carrots
- 2 1/2 cups packed chopped spinach
- Melt vegan butter in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add the bay leaf, all the dried herbs, and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. 7 minutes.
- Place the soaked cashews, dijon, 2 cups almond milk, and nutritional yeast in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back into the pot with the broth/herbs. Simmer 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of almond milk. Stir in gnocchi and shredded carrots and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or just until the gnocchi are cooked.
- Stir in spinach and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add additional almond milk if desired to achieve a thinner consistency.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.