Vegan Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
When it comes to Christmas time, I’m all about the gingerbread! For years I was never a fan, but there is something about the pairing with cream cheese that just draws me in. One of my favorite concepts is bundt cakes. it’s basically a cake mold making the process of creating something gorgeous just seamless!
Rather than creating a cake with layers and icing it etc etc, you can simply throw into a mold and poof, you have a gorgeous cake! I’m so obsessed with them, I can’t even recall the last time I made a traditional cake, because this method is just full proof.
What’s fab about this cake, is everything! It’s quick, easy, packs a lot of vegan butter, but you need to create moisture throughout the cake, is packed with spices, molasses, perf for entertaining, is aethestically gorgeous, perf for Christmas, and the cream cheese icing just puts it over the top!!
If you love all things gingerbread or are craving an effortless Christmas dessert, you’re going to love this vegan Gingerbread bundt Cake with cream cheese icing!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for entertaining
Cream cheese icing
Perf for Christmas
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 slices
15 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 cups 4 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) vegan butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk or water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 4 ounces vegan Follow Your Heart cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10- to 12-cup bundt-style pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Combine the vegan egg powder with 1/2 water or almond milk, whisk until smooth. Add to the mixing bowl and combine. Add the molasses beating well and scraping the bottom and sides.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions alternately with the 1 cup of water or almond milk, starting and ending with the flour. Mix just until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake the cake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting by combining the ingredients in a standing mixer or by hand.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool it in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack.
- Top with the cream cheese icing, and allow it to cool completely before serving.