Vegan GF Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Prior to life with a newborn I thought the weeks alway flew by. Today with a baby, you blink your eyes and it’s almost Friday lol. Since delivering our son just two weeks ago, I’ve been easing my way back into work. I love cooking, all things nutrition, so I tend to get antsy if I’m away for too long.
However, it has been easier to take a step back during pregnancy and now as a mother, to soak up these irreplaceable moments. I hope that if you’re navigating life with a newborn, struggling to balance it all, you’re able to do the same. At the end of the day, we can’t get this time back.
While our babe was sleeping I was able to whip up this new cookie skillet, because it’s just that easy!! Lately I’ve been all about the oats as they pack protein, fiber, make recipes more filling, you can get them gf, and they can easily cancel out traditional white flour in recipes. It’s an all around win win!!
This recipe is fab for countless reasons! It’s quick, easy, affordable, has minimal ingredients, contains no white flour or sugar, no vegan eggs, is packed with oats, fiber, protein, flavor, chocolate, can easily be made in bulk, and is perfect for entertaining!
If you love effortless gluten free desserts, you’re going to love this new vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet!!
Why this recipe is great:
No white flour or sugar
Perf for any season!
Packs fiber, protein, and is filling!
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cast iron skillet. Set aside. In a food processor or powerful blender, blend 1 cup of oats into flour.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Microwave 30 seconds and combine with a spatula until a shiny batter is achieved.
- Stir in rolled oats, oat flour and baking powder.Combine until it forms a cookie dough, stir in chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Press the dough into the skillet covering the entire pan.
- The cookie won't spread much. Bake for for 12-14 minutes or until the sides are golden.
- Allow to slightly cool. Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream