3 Ingredient Vegan Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
In my opinion, life is all about balance and that applies to the diet. We can adhere to these stringent diets as much as we like, but in order to keep your sanity and to have longevity with your routine, your diet has to have a give and take.
My day to day routine is typically avocado toast, salads, fruit, with some fun desserts mixed in. While I love an almond flour cookie with no added sugar, I absolutely enjoy your standard cookie or a classic veganized marshmallow treat!
While fruit loop marshmallow treats are more of a newer concept in the last 5ish years, there is something about mixing up the cereal with this nostalgic recipe that I just love. What’s wonderful about today, is that you can skip the iconic processed cereals with these recipes as there are countless healthier cereal alternatives today. I recently made traditional Fruit Loop Marshmallow Treats for Super Bowl and while I loved the idea, I knew there had to be a natural version and low and behold there is! (Whole Foods)
In addition to marshmallow treats being nostalgic, they are so quick and easy, full proof, and they serve as a blank canvas enabling you to mix up the flavors to cater to the season and your tastebuds!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, contains 3 ingredients, perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, perf for Easter, can be cut into shapes if desired, can be topped with white chocolate if desired, and it’s like taking a walk down memory lane after the first bite!
If you love this nostalgic treat or fun effortless vegan sweets, you have to try these vegan “Fruit Loop” Marshmallow Treats!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 Squares
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 Tbsps. Vegan Butter
- 2 bags of My Dandies vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 8 Cups Fruit Loop Cereal (I used the Whole Foods Brand)
- Melt the vegan butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add Mini Marshmallows, stir until they are completely melted. (5 minutes)
- Once completely melted turn off the heat and add the cereal.
- Mix until the cereal is completely coated with the Marshmallow Mixture.
- Layer into a 9×11" pan covered with parchment paper. Press the mixture down into the pan using a piece of additional parchment paper to protect your hands. Allow to cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.