5 Ingredient Vegan Dark Chocolate Pink Coconut Bars
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Believe or not, I have a love hate relationship with all things coconut. I love working with the oil, I love working with the milk as it creates wonderful soups and desserts, but overall, I’m not big on coconut.
However, when going thru some bar concepts, it was just so seamless, I knew I had to try it, and the vegan Dark Chocolate Pink Coconut Bars were born.
If you know me, you know I love to create color. So with Eater around the corner and spring in full swing, I knew a pink variety would be perfection. What’s great about creating pink color naturally, is that you can do it with either beet powder, which is everywhere or dragonfruit powder. The color is vibrant and it doesn’t alter the flavor.
Don’t have beet or dragonfruit powder?!
You can just make these with coconut, no color needed!
What’s great about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, made with just 5 ingredients, packs tons of coconut, rich coconut flavor, you can skip the color if desired, fun to make, perf for any season. the chocolate is sweetened with stevia, the recipe is low sugar, Keto friendly, can easily be made in bulk, and a coconut lovers dream!
If you love all things coconut or simply effortless vegan sweets, you have to try these vegan Dark Chocolate Pink Coconut Bars!!
Why this recipe is great:
Easily be made in bulk
Yields 4-6 bars
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 tbsp freeze dried dragonfruit or beet powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups Coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup Lily's Sweets Dark chocolate chips
- Place dried coconut in a food processor first if your coconut is not the finely shredded variety. Pulse until more shredded.
- Now add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and the dragonfruit or beet powder, pulse until not powder clumps remain. Add additional powder to achieve desired shade of pink. Other items you could add would be vanilla extract or sea salt.
- Lay out a 8" pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture into the pan creating an even layer.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and a drizzle of coconut oil. Heat for 1 minute, removing from the microwave and stirring every 15-20 seconds until fully melted.
- Slice the coconut mixture into bars and place on a cooling rack on top of parchment paper.
- Dip the bars in the bowl of melted chocolate to coat the bottoms.
- Place on the rack and drizzle chocolate over the top and sides. Allow to slightly set, and drizzle more for that drizzle design. Once all bars are coated, place in the fridge for 15 minutes to fully set. Enjoy! Keep in fridge or sealed at room temp.
*Running low on coconut oil? You may be able to get away with 1tbs less!