Vegan Cinnamon Toast Marshmallow Treats
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Our son is almost 1 month old today! As I write this he’s literally sitting on my chest as I reach over him to type lol. Our lives are as I always say, unrecognizable after his arrival, but the last month has been one of our greatest adventures and it’s only just begun.
Since I had a craving for something marshmallow focused I was brainstorming about nostalgic cereals. There is something about cereal that’s like taking a walk down memory lane. During my childhood, breakfast was ubiquitous for processed cereal. Today, I had not enjoyed a bowl of cereal for perhaps 10+ years, that is.. until pregnancy! What’s great about those classic cereals we all knew and loved is that they make healthier alternatives today. You can find low sugar, whole grain, and even vegan options now. (D3 is derived from animal products in commonplace cereals.)
That being said, my mind instantly went to creating a Cinnamon Toast flavor once I came across the more natural options by Cascadian Farms (not sponsored).
What’s fab about this recipe is, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, vegan, kid friendly, can easily be made in bulk, packs flavor, perf for any season, nostalgic, and my new favorite marshmallow treat!!
If you’re all about marshmallows or fun modern vegan treats, you’re going to love these new vegan Cinnamon Toast Marshmallow Treats!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 large, 8 medium, 12 small
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 5 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 1/2 bags Dandies Vegan Mini Marshmallows
- 1 box Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Toast Cereal
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt vegan butter over medium low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and continue cooking and stirring until the mixture is completely melted and smooth. (5 mins)
- Pour the cereal in over marshmallow mixture and stir to coat.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into bars to serve.